Monday, April 9, 2012

This 'n That

 Did you know that there is such a thing as Glow in the Dark Bubbles? I sure didn't, but the Grandgirls did. And man, did they love them! (BTW, there are 4 bubble-coated girls in this shot).

 The quilt is coming along really well. I'm amazed at how quickly the stars are quilting up.
 Constellations everywhere!
 I mowed for the first time this morning (it was about 39 degrees, I wore a hat and gloves), and was thrilled to see that Bee Girl's bare root Crab Apple tree survived the winter. Go Tree!

Did I mention that a group on Ravelry is doing a KAL (knit along) of the Prairie Earth and Sky cardigan from Fearless Fair Isle Knitting? They're graciously allowing me to post pictures of their progress. Above are the swatches (they're doing the sweater as a class). Aren't those colors marvelous? I am absolutely tickled (and honored) that they chose my pattern.

And finally, a young writer who is near and dear to my heart has started a blog for movie reviews. The two reviews posted so far are pretty darn good, if I say so myself.

1 comment:

Nora said...

Why didn't they have glow in the dark bubbles when WE were kids?? :D Love the photo and also how your quilt is coming along. FANTASTIC!!