Friday, July 6, 2012

Random Pics

No theme today, just some pretty pictures.
 This is a Black Swallowtail Caterpillar, decimating my dill. I love the colors, and may have to knit Caterpillar  Socks (for me in those colors, not socks for the actual caterpillar). If the Fat Mum Slim Photo a Day Challenge ever has Caterpillar as a prompt, I'm good to go.


I spotted this in an alley during the July 4th Parade and couldn't resist snapping a shot.


This was a Photo Challenge pic for Busy- past and future varieties.


This Challenge Shot represents the best part of my day. And how.

This one is today's challenge: Chair. The Hub found this little doll-size rocker in the attic of a house he was working on. The owners didn't want it, so it has lived with us ever since. Long time readers will recognize the cushion.


The corn likes the hot and humid weather.

 It was a tad more than knee high on the 4th (I'm standing. On my tiptoes).


Another angle on our favorite (and only) old building on the property.


The creek bank colors look more Fall than Early Summer. The dark weeds only grow after heavy flooding- this time last year, the creek was way out of its banks.


We babysat the granddog for 10 days. I tried to get him on the floor for a photo (Challenge Prompt: On the Floor), but he wouldn't cooperate, so I got on the floor instead.


And I'm making progress on the needlepoint!


The back is a mess, but no one will see the back once it's done.

1 comment:

Nancy Heege said...

I wonder how many tiny socks you would have to knit, if you were knitting socks for the caterpillar??