Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Like a Proud Mama

A group on Ravelry has chosen my Prairie Earth and Sky cardigan, from Fearless Fair Isle Knitting, as a KAL (knit along, for the three non-knitting blog readers). They're making amazing progress- just look:

Aren't they absolutely beautiful? I'm so proud and honored that I'm about to burst. And now I sort of want to knit the sweater again, in the gray/rose colorway. Here's a set of Flickr pics of some of the other sweaters.

And then there's Georgienne, who took one of my classes last year at the Michigan Fiber Festival, and then came back for more this year. This time, she signed up for the Design Your Own Fair Isle Hat class, which is a fairly intensive full-day class during which students work on design elements and then assemble them on a chart to create their own original Fair Isle project.

Above is the hat she designed in class. Isn't it gorgeous? I love the motifs, and I love the colors Georgienne chose.

And then she went home and did what I hope every single student in every single one of my classes does: she played with the techniques some more, and came up with her own variation.

This is the hat Georgienne designed and knit on her own. I could not be more proud!

Thanks so much for sharing these pics with us, Georgienne!

BTW- I am teaching a half-day version of the Design Your Own Hat (and Stocking) class at NCFF this weekend, and at SAFF in late October. Neither class is full... jus' sayin'

1 comment:

Lynne Phelps said...

I just received my copy of Fearless Fair Isle and I LOVE it! What a fabulous book. Now I just need to conquer stranded knitting so I can knit some of these lovely items!