Sunday, May 25, 2014

Follow up to yesterday

So, yesterday was day 4 or 5 on the Sydney va-va-voom orangey red. It was looking very good still and I would have left it on for more days, but even the most miracle of polishes won't hold up if you're chopping celery and hit your nail with the sharp edge of the knife. Since I chipped it, I decided to redo...



This is Julep Amy. And that ring was an eBay steal- real gem opals (as opposed to the pinkie ring, with a lab opal), and white topaz and gold plate for... are you sitting down? $13, including shipping...

Anyway, the blue went with what I wore yesterday...



And yes, I will buy clothes to go with my jewelry... heeee

And as an adjunct to yesterday's commercial, I want to say that I've been using Seche Vite base and top coat. I'll try the Julep versions, and I may switch, but both are essential to a good mani. And even with a fast dry top coat that feels solid to the touch, the polish isn't entirely cured for a few hours, so it's easy to smudge or mark the nails during that time. After it sets totally (by the next morning at the longest), you're good to go.

No comments: