Saturday, December 20, 2014

We interrupt our irregular programming for an announcement...

I will not be recapping American Idol this year. I've been a fan since the first episode, and I started writing regular recaps in Season 7, I think. I realized last year, that I was dreading AI nights, and resenting the amount of work that each recap requires. Even though the show apparently is going to just one episode a week, I'm not interested enough to devote hours to taking notes or live-blogging any more.

I might still watch, and I may comment here and there, but I'm done with the blow by blow snark. There are many other online recaps, though none will ever top the late great Television Without Pity's. We won't lack for smart-ass commentary. I'll post links as I find new favorites.

Thanks for hanging in there with me and my weird obsession for all these years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it stops being fun, it's time to stop doing it. Thanks for the past AI blogs; I enjoyed them. Merry Christmas. Liz